Bloberg (“we”, “us” or “our”) take our privacy obligations seriously. This policy explains how and when https://bloberg.com (“this website”) collects personal information, what we do with it and your right to see or change it.
https://bloberg.com (“this website”) is operated by Bloberg (“Bloberg”, “we”, “us”, “our”), a New Zealand registered business. We respect the privacy of our website users (“you”, “your”) and are committed to protecting your security and privacy.
2 - Governing Law
3 - What information do we collect from you?
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us: You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our website or by corresponding to us via email or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our website, subscribe to any services, search for a product or service, place an order or enter into any financial transactions through our website, participate in social media functions. The information you may give us include your name, address, email, phone number, billing address, financial or credit card information.
- Information we collect about you: Concerning each of your visits to our website we may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information such as the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type, and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types, and versions, operating system and platform
- Information about your visit, including Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time details); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, traffic data, location data, and any other communications data, and any phone number used to call our customer service number
- Information we receive from other sources: We may receive information about you from third-party social networking services when you choose to connect with those services. We also work closely with third parties (such as payment services, and analytics providers) and may receive information about you from them.
Providing personal information is voluntary, however, if the personal information we request is not provided, we may not be able to supply the products ordered by you.
4 – How do we collect personal information?
We collect personal information when you provide it to us, such as through signing up for an account, newsletter, when you contact us, add items to your cart, or when you confirm a product order. We also collect your personal information through the use of our website or as otherwise permitted by the New Zealand Privacy Act (Privacy Act).
We also use social media services such as Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and LinkedIn. These services may be linked to our website through the use of our social media buttons/links. Your use of these third-party services is entirely optional. We may collect and use information that you make public when you use any such third-party social media service for our business. These third-party services are governed by their privacy policies and/or practices, for which we are not responsible. Please refer to their privacy policies for further information.
Please do not provide us with personal information about other individuals.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
5 - How do we use your information?
We use information about you in the following ways:
- To process and fulfill your order, including sending emails to confirm your order status and delivery, along with customary business communications.
- To verify your identity and to assist you if you have forgotten your username or password
- To communicate with you and to send you information by email, browser notifications or other means about our products, services, and promotions, where you agree to receive such information
- To help us learn more about your shopping preferences and personalize offers to you
- To analyze trends and statistics
- To improve or update our website and our products/services
- To protect the security or integrity of our website and our business
- To respond to your inquiries and communicate with you if necessary
We will not use your information for any other purpose unless legally required.
6 - Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with selected third parties including:
- Payment processing agents, including our credit card payment processing agents. We know how important it is to protect the security of your credit card information. For that reason, we have contracted leading payment services agents, namely PayPal (see below) and Stripe (see below).
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of Our Website. See Google Analytics below.
- If we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, which case in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets (but will continue to be subject at all times to any pre-existing commitments to you regarding privacy).
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data to comply with any legal obligation, or to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
c) Google Analytics
We use Google Analytics to gather information about the use of our website utilizing cookies. This information gathered is used to create reports about the use of our website. This information is pseudonymized and stored on Google servers. This information is only used for the purposed of evaluating your use of our website.
7 - Security
Bloberg endeavors to provide a safe and secure platform on which to conduct online transactions. https://bloberg.com uses the industry-standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol, which encrypts your personal information as it is transmitted over the internet. This encryption scrambles details such as your password and address so that generally, other computers are unable to decipher the information, ensuring privacy and security. To make sure you are accessing a secure server, check for a closed padlock symbol in your browser window. In current versions of the Chrome, Firefox, and Edge browsers, this appears before the URL itself in the browser address bar. If this appears, then SSL is active. You can double-check this by looking at the URL as well. If SSL is active, then the first characters of that line will read ‘https’ rather than just ‘http’. You need to protect against unauthorized access to your password and your computer.
No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. We comply with the Act by ensuring that all personal information is protected (as is reasonable in the circumstances) against unauthorized access, use, modification, disclosure, or misuse. However, due to the nature of the Internet and email systems, we are unable to guarantee the privacy and confidentiality of your personal information while it is transmitted over the Internet.
Please ensure you sign out with you have finished visiting https://bloberg.com, especially if you access our website via a shared computer.
8 - Storage of information and data protection
We can store your information physically or electronically ourselves, or with others contracted to hold the information for us in New Zealand and overseas. We will act reasonably to ensure that your information is protected from unauthorized use or disclosure.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your account or request we no longer use your information to provide you services, please contact us.
We will retain and use your information as necessary only if required, to comply with law; facilitate court proceedings; enforce or apply our terms and conditions; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Bloberg, our users, or others.
9 - Your rights
You can always choose not to provide us with any information, or to disable Cookies (as discussed in our Cookies Policy), though this may affect your ability to access or use Our Website or any particular features of it, and we may not be able to process transactions with you.
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from other websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
a) Access to information
In New Zealand, The Privacy Act 1993 (Privacy Act) gives you the right to access information held about you by us. Your right of access can be exercised under the Act. Any right of access request will take approximately 5 working days to complete.
f you contact us to access or change your Personal Information, we may ask you to verify your identity and specify what Personal Information you require access to.
Where a dispute arises between you and us, you are able to contact the New Zealand Office of the Privacy Commissioner at http://www.privacy.co.nz.
b) EU and European Economic Resident's Rights
In addition to the rights set out in paragraphs 8 and 9 above, the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR) provides individuals within the European Union and the European Economic Area with enhanced rights in respect of their data. These rights may include, depending on the circumstances surrounding the processing of personal data (and except as limited under applicable law):
- Right of Access: the right to be informed of and request access to the personal data we process about you;
- Right to rectification: the right to request that we amend or update your personal data where it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- Right to Erasure: the right to request that we delete your personal data;
- Right to Restrict: the right to request that we temporarily or permanently stop processing all or some of your personal data;
- Right to Object:
- the right, at any time, to object to us processing your personal data on grounds relating to your particular situation;
- the right to object to your personal data being processed for direct marketing purposes;
- Right to Data Portability: the right to request a copy of your personal data in electronic format and the right to transmit that personal data for use in another party’s service; and
- Right not to be subject to Automated Decision-making: the right to not be subject to a decision based solely on automated decision making, including profiling, where the decision would have a legal effect on you or produce a similarly significant effect.
- Note that we may need to request additional information from you to validate a request relating to the exercise of any of the rights above
10 - Collection of information from children
Our Website, products, and services are all directed to people who are at least 18 years old or older. If you are under 18 years of age, you may only use Our Website with the involvement of a parent or guardian
11 - Product reviews
We reserve the right to use all product reviews we receive in our marketing and promotional material, both on and offline, identifying reviewers by first name only. If you don’t want us to use your review, please contact us.
12 - Amendments